Tuesday, April 16, 2013

committed to perfect health

So, I did the 21 day meditation series with Oprah and Deepok Chopra (Oprah Chopra....tee hee hee)...and the first meditation was about committing one's self to having perfect health... (Okay, CONFESSION...i fizzled out about day 11....i don't know what happened...but the next thing i knew...it was finished...so weird...BUT....the first half of the series was great, and i am certain it was all the way through day 21....)

BUT, i digress.... The idea of being committed to perfect health has really inspired me....

I'm an older mom... I'm 40... (i don't mind telling the world...40 doesn't freak me out like i hear tales that it does some people)....what freaks me out is simply that I'm an older mom...with young kids...and i want to be around for them for a long time...not only AROUND....but i want to be healthy...and happy, and i want to be functioning and available for them....

That, and I have a few things working against me....I have mentioned it before, but I have (?) deal with (?) work with (?)...i'm not sure how to say it exactly...but I have an autoimmune disease...Hashimoto's Thyroiditis...I'm only talking about it because I am finding out that more and more people are coming up with autoimmune diseases...and to be honest, i don't think enough people really talk about it...I'm finding out that people who i have known for ages, have some form of an autoimmune disease and have been suffering silently because they didn't think others would understand...i totally "get" this...

What is an autoimmune disease?  In a very basic nutshell...a person's immune system is attacking its' own body....that is a VERY BASIC explanation...

Again, i have digressed... because of this autoimmune issue...I am committed to health....Fortunately my husband turned 40 before me, so his midlife crisis turned into an obsession with Paleo and got our whole family on a better track for eating...which has resulted in our family eating much more vegetables, fruits, lean meats, nuts, and coconut products.

Last year I completed my year-long training for yoga teacher certification. And in January a beautiful soul handed me a bone by getting me to sub some classes at the local gym. Now i teach 6 classes a month. One of the other perks is free access to the gym...and childcare with an amazing playroom for the youngest... we go 2-3 times a week....my youngest is the main motivator to get me there...she loves that playroom and asks to go...i am so grateful for that...it kicks me into gear and gets me to the gym when i really don't feel like moving...(which is very common with autoimmune issues)


Again, I'm chasing rabbits. Perfect health! I don't actually expect to have perfect health. But my goal is to aim for much better health... and really my ultimate goal is simply to feel good... I have schtuff I still want to do..see..be..experience. ..and I want to feel good for it...I just want to feel good...and in order to feel good, i have to be healthier...plain and simple...

For me, that means: eating healthier, exercising, yoga, reducing stress, knowing my limits, having boundaries,living simply, creating, laughing as much as possible, staying positive, letting go of negatives...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...