Thursday, April 18, 2013

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...i hear...

Confession time: 

I often forget to eat.

 I know....I know.....how is that even possible?  

Um, Well.....If I knew, then, I wouldn't forget...right? 

But it is true... I often go all day only to find that, around 4:30, when I am cooking dinner ( yes i start cooking dinner around 4 or 4:30), that I am truly starving...and I usually realize that I have only managed to have coffee...

(insert gasps...fainting and cries of terror)

ok maybe that is a bit dramatic...but i seriously visualized all that in a 50's black and white t.v. sort of way...

ANYWAY back to breakfast.... Despite not eating all day, judging by my weight...this isn't a good way to lose weight...at all..lol..

So, as part of my commitment to perfect health, I am trying to be more mindful of eating. 

The issue for me isn't so much WHAT  I eat  as when I eat. 
I actually have to make a point to remember to feed myself. Weird...i know...

I did well when.I had a regular schedule for work. It's easy to form a sort of Pavlov's dog routine when someone else tells you when your breaks and lunchtimes are...

Now that I stay home with my youngest,  I kinda got out of that routine. Not KINDA...I REALLY got out of that routine.I hear this is pretty common. My routine revolved around her sleeping patterns, emotions , and such. Now that she is older, a daily routine is helping both of us get it in gear. 

I have a couple of motivations. 1. my own personal health 2. the example i set for my children. I want them to grow up healthy and happy. I feel like it is one of my many responsibilities as their parent to lead the way in their knowledge of how to take care of themselves.

Right now we are focusing on eating a healthy breakfast. For the youngest this can be anything from fruit, to oatmeal, to eggs...or my oldest, i kinda let him do his own thang most mornings before school...(usually being a granola bar, oatmeal, muffins, or sometimes a peanut butter rollup) The Hubs...well, he eats breakfast once he gets to work,(sweet potatoes with almond butter or avocado) For me...I try to stick to a few things and make sure I have some protein to keep my blood sugar from dropping... As of late my favorite breakfast is Greek yogurt, with a sprinkling of ground flax seed, some cacao nibs, and a drizzling of honey, topped with walnuts. I seriously think I could eat this for every meal...OH! and my handful of vitamins....(fish oil, D, biotin,  Selenium,magnesium-which i have started taking at night instead of morning, Turmeric, and my first daily vitamin) and my trusty  mug-0-coffee...I usually drink about half of this and move on to various mixtures of tea and water the rest of the day...

I would love to hear what you healthy breakfast go-to's are! feel free to share!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...