Thursday, July 5, 2012

For the Love of Lotus treasury

My "Namaste Blue Lotus" Has been featured in a beautiful treasury called "for the love of lotus" and can be found at the following link.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTAxNjY1Mjd8MjcyMzAyOTQ3MA/for-the-love-of-lotus


This piece is a watercolor that started out with drops of my morning coffee...that's right...coffee...i love painting with coffee and tea. The rich browns that come from the liquid are very spiritual for me. After the coffee dies, i used  water soluble graphite to draw the lotus, and then applied water and a touch of blue watercolor.

The Lotus is a form or strength and hope. A symbol of beauty that pushes through the muddy waters to face the sun above. When the world seems harsh, i just think of the lotus...and it gives me the reminder, the inspiration, to push through the mud and face the sun.

you can find other works of inspiration in my etsy shop






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...