Thursday, April 25, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Cookies...OH YES I DID!


 So a friend on FB posted a similar recipe and I posted it on my own wall so I could get the gist of it. Other friends suggested other additions that sound fabulous! Like: cacao nibs! OOOO must try that next time! I think the original recipe called for raisins. But, my kids just pick those out, so I didn't use them this time. I'm not one to follow recipes exactly unless I completely screw it up the first time. Even then, I will only go back and follow the recipe exactly if what I have made just isn't going to cut it. So, I got the gist of making Banana Oatmeal cookies and went to work...Here is what I did:


Banana Oatmeal Cookies
4 ripe bananas, 2.5 cups oatmeal, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 cap full of vanilla (sorry i never measure vanilla i just put it in)

Mix all ingredients....
spoon onto a baking sheet (i used two baking sheets)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes!


Let them cool on cooling rack if possible...
  (I had to put these up high to keep little fingers at bay)
And there ya go! They taste like banana bread only in a cookie form. NOM! NOM! NOM!


Things I would do differently next time:
1. I used a cookie scoop to put them on the baking sheets and had to go back and smoosh them down because they don't spread out like regular cookie recipes. next time i would do this before i put them in the oven.
2. These ended up pretty moist. So next time i would either cook them the full 15 minutes ( i think mine were actually just ten minutes) or use 1/2 cup more of the oatmeal.
3. I like walnuts...so i think i would add another 1/4 cup.
4 spices! these could use a touch more nutmeg...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...