Monday, January 28, 2013

"The price of anything ..."









"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." ~Thoreau





i just wrote a tome about this and how grateful I am to be home today with my youngest as she is coughing and running fever...there was a time when this would have been impossible...I am grateful for my husband who feels as strongly as I do about being home with our kids...being there for them no matter the cost. I am grateful for the time with my children and to be able to take care of them and be there for them.

I especially think about this on days like today, almost a week after a dear, thoughtful friend sent me info about a job that i would love to have...involving working in an art studio as an assistant...in all honesty, it was a perfect job for me...and my heart lept in reading the job description...and then it fell again...because then reality set in...between the commute, and daycare...i would never see my children or even bring home much pay after the expense of commuting and daycare...i mulled it over for a moment...and the hardest part of saying "no" to the opportunity was the fear of my family suffering financially if i didn't jump for it...but when we weighed the pros and cons...what it comes down to is what you really need in life...and what we need, is each other...

Family is the most important thing...and as long as we are able to survive, together, that is all we need...

I erased the original tome i wrote because..well...it was just exhausting to read... detailing how difficult it was to be home with my child before when i was teaching...and every teacher with kids or any parent for that matter , with no babysitter or friends or family to help you, know what i mean...it sucks...

And with that, days like today make me want to work harder on the things that will actually be of benefit to my family...like teaching yoga...participating in art shows that work with our schedule and budget and working on my Etsy shop.

 I am grateful for the opportunities placed before and the ones on their way. I am grateful for this time with my youngest, especially on days like today when she feels so yucky...I am grateful i get to be here with her to bring her juice, give her medicine, cuddle and watch her favorite cartoons. This is a gift to be here with her. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...