Saturday, February 19, 2011

Regular schedule

So, for the last few weeks, ihave been working,almost daily in the studio...it has been wonderful.

This my first year (school year) in 8 Years to not be teaching art in public school. Why? Well, the universe has a way of making things happen...basicly, I had a baby....and that event, has changed my world...like babies do...

My baby is 6 months old now, and despite trying,from the moment she was born and even before...I did not feel physically or mentally grounded enough to focus on being a fulltime artist...

Now, things seem to be getting aligned again for me....

In the last six months I have had to come to terms with a few things to get to this point...this point where I feel resolute in my current state of being...

1.sleep deprivation
2. Other physical issues because I am an older mom
3. Adjusting to a mass amount of changes inour entire family..new school, new job, new schedules, new routines, new family roles for all of us...

4. Feeling extreme amounts of guilt for not going back to work and bringing in a regular paycheck...

5.and allowing myself to actually just make stuff because it makes me happy...for a change...

And now, I am here...two weeks into developing a regular studio schedule that is conducive to amking art and spending time with my family......

That is fortunate....I know this....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...