Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gone hunting

I grew up in a household that holds hunting sacred. Social events were decided based upon dear season. I hated it. 1. Because I was a 'girl' and not included...and 2. Because it meant that our family property was off limits to me because I might get shot.
however, I have always secretly suspected that mydad really just used this time to catch up on reading his mad magazines and meditating on life...because he rarely came home with anything...

Sometimes, like today, when the sun is out...it isn't cold...and we just spent two weeks dealing with snowpocoplypse 2011... I wish I had my own. Version of hunting season...just for me...and just for art...

It would include the following:
A set secluded, quiet location..
Ault beverages
A quiet place to sit outside
And art supplies....

And would have a regularly scheduled " season"....

I think I might look into this....I wonder if I can get away with it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...