Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our art is our conversation with the world

I have always been one who recharges by being alone....or in a quiet place... even now, when I spend my days with my baby...I am grateful for how calm and mellow she is...

I am indulging in art documentaries today....

And all of the artists talk about the importance of socializing...how we are prone to isolation...

I thin it is because our art is our conversation with the world.  Occasionally, I feel a bit stir crazy....like I just need to get out and breathe....that's it....just breathe...see a different scenery...

But,often,being in the general public is difficult...the world can seem so harsh and overwhelming...

I suspect alot of artists are like this...but, I have nothing to base this on,because I am busy hiding in my cave...and I figure others are as well...

I often, wonder where my tribe is? I am not interested in 'working the crowd' or climbing the society ladder....though,I know some people think that is the best way...'networking' they say....

I just want to know who my tribe is...ya know?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...