Friday, July 9, 2010

mojo necklaces

so right now i feel the need to make these little necklaces made of fabric and beads...i really don't know what to call them other than, "mojo necklaces"....i have nothingto base this on than my gut feeling about them....

it has been slow going as far as items to list on my Etsy account...i feel this overwhelming pressure to make new things rather than go thorugh what i ahve made already and pull out stuff to list from that....and this pressure i'm putting on myself is stopping mein my tracks...

1. because i have SOOOOOOO many ideas...that i get bogged down in them....and it is ahrd to shut off my brain and just start with ONE.......isn't that part od ADD or ADHD?
2. because i get so easily distracted by the balancing act of being a mom, being pregnant again, and trying to take care of all of the details of that, that i feel like i'm failing in business...and as a result, failing my family...who need this to be successful...but also need me to be able to juggle all of this successfully....

and there are more reasons....but those two are the big ones that come to mind....

the mojo bags....i think like alot of my artwork...are the direct result of the therapy i desperately need right now....if nothing else...the ability to put everything in a pocket and wish everything will be ok....

I keep , also thinking about a cool chick that i ahve listened to twice at TAEA convention.....a gal by the name of Future Akin....last fall i went to two talk she gave...one was about your studio and your artwork....she showed us pics of her creative spaces...two different small rooms and her picnic table...thenshe showed us a pic of her work....hand beaded flags of sorts...and explained why she was doing those...and a big part of it was her need to create....the necessity to be with her father who was aging, and ill and just wanted her in the room, but she needed to be able to work on something creatively while there, and the portability of the craft...so she took up sewing seedbeads and sequins on fabric....

She made her artwork work for her....

this is something I am trying to do as well...not necessarily beading...though i may incoporate that at some point, because it is a freaking good idea....but i'm trying to make my work work for me and my needs....things i can do while sitting in the same room with my family....instead of feeling frustrated creatively because i can't focus on things in the studio like i want....y aknow?

and like right now...when being pregnant just zaps all of my energy...and with that...i'll get back to ya  with pics and musings....just got really tired....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...