Thursday, July 8, 2010

2006 inspiration

In the summer of 2006, i did a bit of traveling, the firs ti ahd done, really since my son was born in 2001. I was divorced for a year,( i think, i honestly have lost track of time now) and it was the first time my son would spend a full week with his dad...it was really hard on both of us, my son and i, for him to be gone for that long...and i knew, that if i didn't get away and do somethingduring that week i would go nuts....so, i went to chicago to see my dear friend.  It was quite an adventure...




I loved walking around my friend's neighborhood, taking the bus to various places, getting lost, seeing public art....




Big cities like Chicago and new york are just fascinating to me...seeing how the people live and  function sodifferntly...how kids hop the L at such young ages and go wherever they need to go...i still can't fathom....there is a ferlessness that comes with living in big cities....

but like with any place i visit...i get lost in the lines....the lines of the skyline....the details of the surroundings....i want to take it all in, remember every moment of it...the temperature, the breeze, the smells, the people, the buildings....i could absolutely just go and park myself on a bench and sit all day, just taking each moment in....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...