Sunday, September 23, 2012

sunday morning drawing sessions

Sunday mornings have taken on a new meaning for us.  Especially now that the youngest is so active...which is funny, to us...because she has ALWAYS BEEN ACTIVE...but, now, we have rediscovered the world of the fast food playground....judge me if you need to...this is survival!...and i am willing to do what it takes to maintain sanity...and right now, that means, taking advantage of an indoor playground that is free with constant cartoons and a table that I allows me to actually sit and draw. That's Right! I said it...TAKE ADVANTAGE....uh huh...i didn't stutter... now, granted, the cool , artistic, hipster thing would be for me to park myself in some hip coffee shop drinking my incredibly overpriced hot tea and enjoying the atmosphere of  other individuals running their online business from the free wifi, while blogging or painting watercolor scenes in my art journal...
BUT THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!....
I have kids...they make noise...and need to run...
there is no "drink your chai and eat your cinnamon roll while drawing in your journal"...and i'm ok with that...for now, there is the indoor playground with the wacky coloured formica topped tables...my small journal and 5-10 minutes on uninterrupted time to sketch....

and

 I'll TAKE THAT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...