Monday, September 17, 2012

acts of domesticity- DIY laundry detergent

So, with the birth of Pinterest, it is so much easier to find all of those nifty DIY home solutions... and like everyone and their dog...i too have made my own laundry detergent...i love it...i've actually been making some form of my own laundry detergent for over 12 years(off and on)..gasp...i know...12 years? ...yeah, it's true...but, this is the one i have been using for the last 3. It is actually the easiest recipe i have found. And i have seen so many of them, i'm not quite sure who to give credit. Seems like everyone,(and their dog) has their own tutorial, review...and yes...i'm about to enter this realm as well...lol...here goes:





DIY Laundry Detergent:

1 box BORAX
1 box Arm and Hammer washing soda
1-2 bars of you favorite soap (grated)
pour all into a storage container
mix well
use 1-2 tablespoons per load ( i use 2)



THAT's IT!

The thing that i do that i "think" might make it different for 'me' is the type of soap i use...i have seen recipes that tell you to use a bar of laundry soap...but i like to use what ever my favorite soap is at the time. Here is what i am using for the latest batch.



Sandal Wood and Naga Champa....I have always loved these two soaps and scents, they are also my favorite essential oils, and incense scents, so it just seems natural that i would use it in my laundry soap.

1 comment:

Mrs. Katie said...

I had no idea it was so easy. I'm definitely trying that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...