Friday, September 28, 2012

good morning


Today is the fifth anniversary of the first time my husband and I saw each other again after many years.... 

You see, we were high school sweethearts. Like the story goes...we moved on with our lives. But, one day, we were reconnected....
( i know, i get butterflies thinking about it too...still...giddy as well)


I'm not one to keep up with dates and stuff like that...I'm awful about it really.(especially with anniversaries and birthdays) Something about numbers just really does my head in...and in fact, i didn't even realize this was our fifth anniversary of seeing each other again (not even our wedding anniversary...lol...) until...well, YESTERDAY!....I'm still not sure exactly what made me think of it...

But, the movie version is:  high school sweethearts, lost touch, moved on with our lives, lived very different lives, and eventually reconnected 19 years later, and got married a year after that on the 20th anniversary of the day we met in high school, and have been together ever since...with the addition of our now, two year old who wears us out and makes us laugh every day, and my son has the best step dad anyone could ask for. Everyday I think about how blessed I am to be married to my best friend and the love of my life...


This morning, as I walked my husband and my son outside to say goodbye before they headed to school and work...I looked up and saw this sunrise...(pictured above)...I was overcome with gratitude...

1. because this has been the best, fastest, and most amazing 5 years of my life...there is something to be said when time literally flies by you and you can't recall a single awful moment....

2. because i get to share each day with my beautiful family...

3. What a gift to have this sunrise today....

We probably won't do anything special today. There won't be any romantic dinner, or a night out on the town. There won't be a weekend away, just the two of us. But, what there will be, family time together and the knowledge that we are all so blessed to be together.We know how  fortunate we are for many reasons. And that will be celebrated in hugs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...