Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rainbows and Lotuses




In the last month or so, i have been revisiting my printmaking background....i have always loved printmaking. The first prints i made were in middle school. Linocuts were all i was exposed to until after i was 22. Then i was introduced to collagraphy at a workshop when i was visiting a college for a scholarship competition. I fell in love with the process. Later when i moved on to another college, i dipped my toes into a prinmaking class that i found to be quite a challenge. We did etching, woodcuts, chine colle', solar plates, and used massive presses i have yet to ever see the likes of again...I almost did not take the class again...but, changed my mind and took two more semesters. I have always loved the printmaking processes...and because of that, here we are today...me dipping my toes back in the printmaking waters....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104432070/rainbow-yoga-lotus-5x7-notecard
This morning...i got up before the rest of the family...in that still space when the entire world is still asleep on a sunday morning...started the coffee pot, let the dog out, noticed the moon and the planets in alignment...and got out my inks....i printed my normal one color prints....and then, felt the need to play...to add a little more color and see what happened...
Rainbows are what happen when one plays with color...when the binds  of the mind are taken off, and the ink is allowed to flow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...