Monday, April 4, 2011

Show me your studio challenge

Jennifer Williams, of blueskysunburn creations has challenged us creative types to show the world what our studio looks like today....I know I will regret this...because I cannot stand my studio right now. And yes, I am going to offer up my excuses...but the main one is that this is what it looks like when I am too busy to be in it...and no doubt I will be cleaning it out this weekend... i have been feeling a purging coming on for a while now...I honestly must must must have my chaos organized before I can create...just how I am...not to mention...I have a little one that is now on the move and I have to set up a safe zone for her to move around free in....notice that she has three "holding areas" in the pics,which will no longer do....lol...
Oh, and I just want to say that there is a painting  i am working on(which you may or may not see in the pics) which is about being a teacher in today's society which is full of sarcasm and frustration ( i used to teach in public school) and is not finished at all...so if it makes you angry...just know where it is coming from...there is no greater advocate for teachers and education than me....sooo just know that....


I have several work areas...i have my watercolor table by the window, i have my computer and Sewing areas, and then the big board on the right is one of my painting walls...it covers up the fireplace that we never use....this picture makes this room look small...or maybe it all of my crap that makes it look small..but it is actually a fairly large formal living area...and since we aren't formal living people..i stole it for my work area...
yeah, i'll be reorganizing this mess real soon i can feel it....




this is my sewing table...notice how on each side of it i have baby "holding areas" set up...but this is all about to change since little one is now on the move and isn't satisfied with what we have been doing for a few months now..it is time for a change...for both of us!

2 comments:

Admin said...

What a big area to work in! My kids are teens so no baby holding areas but I have several cat and dog beds around my work room.

Unknown said...

Yes, it is a large room to work in, I am very fortunate. BELIEVE ME I KNOW THIS...i worked off whatever surface space i could find in the past until we moved here. In fact, i nearly cried when we moved here just because i would FINALLY have space to spread out all of my crap! Whic, as you can see....is ALOT! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...