Friday, May 31, 2013

Inspiration Friday: East Texas

East Texas is where I grew up. I don't get to visit nearly enough. But, when I do, a walk in nature, or a drive down country roads, brings peace to my spirit.
My husband grew up in East Texas as well. (a few counties over) We both grew up walking the fields and woods and anytime we get a chance to visit, we enjoy this time in nature again. On our last visit, Hubs came upon the mimosa above and took me to see it. Mimosas remind me of my grandmother. She had a Mimosa tree in her yard that we kids claimed for our tree house and location for our tire swing.
Baby Pines are breaking through right now. The processes that take place for a tree to randomly decide to grow are nothing short of miracles. 
Barbwire...memories of crawling through fences, holding the wires apart with a foot and a hand...something every kid that grows up in the country understands...

This tree...all the changes it has weathered...

In the city this would be called compost....in the country, this is simply called life...leaves fall,things pile up, eventually, life happens again in its' own time...

My husband found one snake skeleton, and when we went on our walk together, I found another...neither had the skull...I love that my husband knows that I would not be freaked out by this...and that in fact, I would love this...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...