Thursday, December 27, 2012

3 days of snow is my limit


True to my Texas roots and expectations of snow...
I'm over it today...
It snowed on Christmas Day, here.  I wake up this morning with the white still all around.  In my book, that is officially 3 days...I count the day it snowed...and all of today, even though it just started...The roads are clearing, but not enough for my liking. (especially when driving is involved) I have decided that when it snows no one should be forced to drive in to work. I HAVE SPOKEN! MAKE IT SO!  Texans do not drive well in ice or snow....let's just face facts here. 

Right now, my kidlets and I are snuggled up in the den watching the youngest's cartoon obsession of Alice in Wonderland...The oldest will be leaving us today for a week to visit other family. I silently bide the time until he has to go.

I have an art sale this coming Sunday. And I could possibly be outside. You know how I feel about that. But, this is my job. Bills to pay and such. (just like everyone else) My mind, as usual, is full of ideas of treasures to make for this show. The question is, will I have time to complete them successfully? THAT is always the question. The other question is...Will the treasures sell? 

The youngest just jumped from the arm of the couch, bounced off the couch cushion landing on her feet to the floor, hopped on the coffee table, jumped to the ottoman, and said, "TAAA DAAAA!" she looked like a super hero....Now she dances to her favorite Sesame Street Classics....She is my beautiful fearless daredevil...i admire her moxy...and i have learned to NOT PANIC!

The oldest laughs in his maniacal (Muh Wah HAHAHAHA) manner as he apparently scores some big points or levels up or something like that on his electronic device...He is my Einstein and i admire his brilliance.

The dog, curled up beside me, taking his loyal spot and warming my leg. I have grown use to him being stuck to me like glue when i sit down.

This is winter in our house....snow days....





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...