Saturday, June 23, 2012

life is a bowl of....

It is cherry season...do yourself a favor...go get some NOW!...well, after you read my post...
( seriously..dude)

The kidlets and I stocked up on the cherry sale going on at our favorite grocer. The youngest has developed a taste for "beh-wees" and so when she saw these, naturally they fell into the same grouping...and as a result, Ii have grown quite fond of the cherry pitter device my husband purchased years ago that i rarely used UNTIL THIS WEEK...

This morning, our family is chilling out...spending time together, simply "being"....a little cartoons, some books being read while lounging on the couch,  the dog snoozing, me enjoying a cup of tea with honey and cream, the dog snoozing...and a bowl of cherries for all to enjoy...


i realized...ya know?... life really is a bowl of cherries, isn't it?...

cherry bowl


i know, cliche'....but i don't care... in choosing to see the joy in every moment we have together, the cherries are the most beautiful i have ever seen...

i love everything about them...

I love how my lil' one giggles when she eats them.
I love how the boy  laughs when we are pitting them and the seed shoots across the room sometimes.
I love how cherries are naturally heart-shaped and red..like valentines..and obvious signs of love.
I love how my family is content to simply "be" in the same room and not have to be in a nervous state of constant need for entertainment...

As i finish typing this,( it takes me a bit sometimes) we have all scattered about the house...taking naps has begun...

I have carved up a new block print inspired by the cherries...

And i hope it inspires you, to remember...to CHOOSE to remember, that Life really IS a bowl of cherries...


Untitled



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...