Saturday, June 23, 2012

Do you follow your gut?

Recently, in a discussion group i follow, the question was posed
 "do you feel like a prisoner of your own intuition?"

I didn't leap into this conversation because it was something i wanted to mull over a bit more...

" a prisoner of my intuition?".....

and, i realized..." no, no i don't...in fact, i should follow my intuition much more than i do....i feel like a prisoner of following everyone else's expectations of me...of meeting other people's requirements....of trying to not ruffle feathers..(.despite what some of those 'others' might think)... i feel like a prisoner of other people's wishes and ideals....i do not feel like a prisoner of my intuition...i feel like i push my intuition down and as far back in the closet as possible to appease everyone around me...and any mistakes i have made have been the results  of me pushing my intuition as far away as possible..."


I should change this....

I am changing this...

It is changed...


As an artist, following your gut is imperative to the creative process....and the creative process is a direct link to life...

when intuition isn't being acknowledge...creativity doesn't flow...

 let the creativity flow..follow your intuition...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...