Monday, June 25, 2012

Creative Momentum = On a Roll

So in the last week or so, I have felt some creative momentum...and I was trying to figure out why?

What is the difference?

My life is the same.

I have the same time restraints

I have the same obligations and interruptions...

the things that is different is the type of work i have been focusing on...

Prints...more specifically...Block prints...

Another thing that is different, is the ideas behind them....

I have been focusing on the simple things that give me and my family joy...that's it...

As a result... i have made three prints in the last week...which, for me, is HUGE...

I have always loved this type of printmaking since I was in middle school and my teacher introduced it to our class.(I dare to say, over 30+ years ago, gasp!)

And later in college I took a workshop on collagraphy printmaking and then went on to take a few actual printmaking courses that i adored.

A few times in the last few years of teaching i was fortunate enough to get to attend other printmaking workshops, but never seemed to be able to get to do it for myself...

Now, I can...

I have 2 small printing presses... and by small...I mean...TINY...in terms of printmaking...

One can handle 5x7 prints... and the other can handle 8x10's.... the larger one I haven't ever really used...ever..but i will be dusting it off and giving it it's shot soon i feel...
(note to self: explore the idea of unused art supplies)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...