Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Autoimmune Disease: how i deal with it

I spent half my life not knowing why I felt bad or unhealthy...and then once I was told I had hypothyroid I spent ten years being either in denial or undertreated. 

It wasn't until I was pregnant with my youngest that the words "hashimoto's thyroiditis" were even spoken to me.(How is that even possible in this day and age of technology? I still don't know.)

 In the last two years it has been a roller coaster ride of facing the issue,  getting meds right,  researching what might help, and attempting to get to some form of "healthy." 

I am so fortunate that I have the love and support of my husband. It is in researching, joining support groups and forums, thinking about my own past, that i realize just how few people really have the support of someone who loves them when they are dealing with what so many of us refer to as our "invisible disease."

I can't say I am healed.
I can't say I feel awesome.
I'm not, and i don't.

But, here is what i do to try to feel better.

1. Exercise: I do yoga...for me yoga is one of the best things i have done for myself...

2. Meditate:

3. Rest:

4. Take my medicines:

5. Eat right:

6. Take vitamins:

7. Get outside as much as possible

8. Laugh as much as possible.

9. Hug as much as possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...