Wednesday, March 27, 2013

finding peace in the work


As i mentioned before, I have been working through my "Schtuff" lately...truth is...this is simply a way of life for me... i'm not ashamed to admit this... i think my artwork my entire life has reflected this work.... this is just who  i am... I am actually quite an introvert, and a virgo...(look those two if you need to...)  which really does explain a great deal about me, how i function, and what my artwork comes from...
Here is the inside cover of my art journal/altered book...as of TODAY....I say this, because it will most likely change several times before I feel that I am finished with this project... I like to layer things...this  two page spread has mulitple layers collaged on top of each other...there are stickers added by my youngest, notes i wrote down, business cards, old prints, and much, much,more that I have lost track of by now...There is also acrylic paint, mod podge, sharpie and gel pen...and more mod podge... I work on these pages a little bit at a time...it is too much for one sitting...(I have a life outside of art)....but also the fact that things need time to dry, settle, and sink in...mind, and spirit...to move on to the next phases of each spread...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...