Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Be Healthier



So, recently, I have felt the need to share positive information I come across about things like:

  • getting enough sleep
  • the importance of health
  • eating better for your health
  • eating better on a budget


...and so on and so forth...

why?


a few reasons:

1. I am a yoga instructor: it took me a while to admit this to myself...I wasn't exactly comfortable with calling myself a "teacher" anymore...and I still battle with my own idea of what a yoga instructor "looks" like (pssssst...they don't look like me)...but, once I finally came to this admission, that "yes, I AM a yoga instructor" I felt compelled to go ahead and extend the yogic  ideals of taking care of myself a little further...

2. I have an autoimmune disease:  And, quite frankly...it sucks...er...um...it, "inhales profusely" as I like to say....but really...it is simply no fun...some days are great...like today...I wish everyday was like today...I have energy, I can dance with my youngest, I can chase her around and laugh all morning... it is after 2 and I am still smiling...on the bad days...it stops me from having fun with my family...maybe in the future I will talk more about it...I am finding that more and more people I know have what I have...Hashimoto's Thyroiditis...and it makes me want to do whatever I can to be healthier.

3.Budget: I have heard several times lately.."it is more expensive to eat processed foods than to eat fresh fruits and veggies"....and while I agree...I also know that it is possible to eat better on the same budget...and, if you are willing to do some research you can actually cut your budget significantly..  I hope to share a few tips I have found that helps our family do this. This isn't to say we NEVER eat processed food...but we certainly have cut back 90%....and that is easier than one might realize..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...