Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In the studio

This is a large piece I have been working on since last spring. It is taking a while, not because it is difficult mechanically, but because I am piecing it together...a bit at a time.  And working on it in between chasing down my baby monkey...aka...daughter...who never stops moving...unless she is asleep....so I live for that two hours in the middle of the day....and try to cram everything i need to do into that time....yeah...it's gonna be a while...but i feel good about where it is going...it has been so long since I just really made work I felt good about...and by good...I mean,work that was coming from some place other than trying to please others....when I do that, I doubt myself too much...I grow to hate the work because I know it isn't authentic....it's just work....I envy people who are satisfied with making work for the sake of making work...I really do...I tried...and I felt a huge hole in my gut...and it never accomplished it's goal....so, moving on....I have no idea where this is headed...but I hope...it lands some place positive.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...