Friday, November 27, 2009

sitting and thinking for a spell

so, as you know, like, i believe, so many artists/parents, the idea of taking that leap to be a full time professional artist, is a very genuine scary idea...

If is it JUST you...sacrificing the basic needs of life, like running water, a roof over your head, heat, electricity, may not be that big of a deal...

However, when you are a parent, these are basic needs that cannot go unchecked or taken care of...

if it were JUST me, i would live in my car and eat out of the dumpster...happily, just to make art and attempt to sell it...

So, instead, of doing that..livining out of my car, eatting from the dumpster...i do the responsible thing...i teach...which is th ebest thing i can do as a mother/artist...i have the same schedule as kiddo...same holidays...we commute to school together...there is a steady income for at least one year....which is the duration of  a contract...and there is the hope of another contract for the next year...but for at least a year...we are solid...

it is safe...it is responsible...it is a blessing...and I am very grateful for it...i understand that ia m fortunate...as an art teacher, to have a job at all...trust me...

sometimes, though, i forget my own work...

i forget that i can still make artwork on my own, for the sake of making artwork, due to being so worn out from work, or consumed by the events of the day...

this is somethng I am working on...

I have made a few goals.....that ihope will help me stay on task...for my own artwork...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...