Sunday, November 29, 2009

new doors

so, today, i am living with a little bit of hope. As you know, the idea of actually engulfing myself in art for the sake of art, is something i struggle with finding the balance in...nothing gives me more joy than to be surrounded by creativity...

This weekend i made apoint to visit a pottery not far from where i grew up.

As a child we would pass it on our way to my grandmother's house. And every single time i would sit on the edge of my seat to catch a glimpse of the pottery and the changes that the couple made to it each year.i never got to visit that pottery until many years later, when i was fortunate enough to get to study ceramics with one of the owner who taught at the college i attended. i learned a great deal from him, and the experience of working with clay has stayed in my soul ever since. At one point after graduating i had a tiny studio set up, with a used kiln and kickwheel...a studio i rarely got to use due to life-circumstances. i still have the wheel and the kiln...i do not know if the kiln even works anymore...and honestly, am afraid to attempt to test it out...

This weekend, while visiting the pottery, I was given the possibility of sitting at their studio for them from time to time...and after a night of no sleep, took them up on the idea...

the idea of getting to be in their studio/pottery make my spirit soar...it is a beautiful opportunity...a gift from the universe...and I am grateful for it...and i look forward to this door....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...