Thursday, September 16, 2010

Art Con 6......YEAH!.....

                                   http://artconspiracy.org/


I just found out i made it through the horse race process of Art Con....whew! my heart is still racing and my stomach is still churning....


what is Art Con?


Art Con is a huge event in dallas that allows 150 artists to create artwork which is auctioned off for local charities...

last year was my first year to go...and my first year to participate along with my dear Hubby...It was friggin cold, as we worked in a dimly lit warehouse alongside dozens of other artists creating our artwork on plywood and sitting on plastic tarps...IT WAS AWESOME....there is nothing more exhilarating to me than being in the presence of other creative spirits doing their thang all at once...there is a vibe there that you  wish could go on for ages...but alas...you only get one shift to make your work and then it is BUH BYE!....


The auction itself is the following night and people go nuts trying to get the peice they want...some peices...(like mine) go for the opening bid...(cough cough and hoping to do better this year)....and some go for HUNDREDS....and considering this was done in a few hours and is on plywood...that is impressive...


i'm already devising my idea and will have it ready set and go...(ringing my hands together as i plot and thinking....BOO WA HA HA HAH HAHA like an evil genius...minus the evil....but sounding like one)


last year i was too unorganized...not really thinking about what i needed to do...i had my supplies...etc...but, my image...i wasn't sure what to do...i really could have sat there all day painting...and would have LOVED IT....but that isn't the way this gig works...


so....hmmmmmmmi must think about this.....i have a few things going on right now that might translate for this gig....i dunno...lemme think about it....


I AM JUST SO FRIGGIN EXCITED that i got in again.....


This year will also be a little different in that...i will have baby with me...gotta figure out how to do that....do i do the ol' Bjorn thing?...do i bring the stroller?we shall see....we shall see...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...