Thursday, May 10, 2012

making time to slow down and enjoy the moment

Something that has been in the background of my thought for a very long time now, deals with the idea of slowing down....
of not being a part of the rat-race....the idea of allowing ones' self to breathe...to be present...to eliminate all things that bring about stress and anxiety....

I found this particular Ted talk by Carl Honore to be particularly inspiring in this area:http://www.ted.com/talks/carl_honore_praises_slowness.html

The idea of allowing yourself to unplug in order to enjoy anything...is a big idea for me...

I find that when i feel like there is just too much going on, I tend to stop breathing, my chest tightens up, my eyes get tired, my head hurts, and all I want is to take a nap...I NEVER get to...but man-oh-man, do I wish I could....

That is when I know it is time to make some changes....

One change I wanted to make, was to allow myself to create more....and more often...(.I'm actually accomplishing that by art journaling and keeping this blog...yippy!)

See, I'm that mom/wife that feels guilty if I do anything for myself....yeah, you know what I mean....

But, i remembered that, if I don't honor this part of myself, it will manifest itself in a negative way...and for me that is usually healthwise....

The next thing Is to spend more time in nature....and simply being present.....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...