Tuesday, September 18, 2012

live painting: What? What?

So people have been asking me what i do at these art shows i attend.
well.......

1. I meet amazing people!
2. I have 4 hours of uninterrupted(specificly by a dog needing to go out, or a lil one wanting to get into my supplies) to paint....FOUR HOURS!....i know, i wanna cry from joy when i type that...
3. I sell my work...not a lot, but some, enough to justify being there

Why do i do it?

1. so i don't go nuts!

2. i'm a stay at home mom....i seriously need to know there are actually other people/artists/art enthusiasts who are living a breathing and not just in my computer.

3. It's my "me time"...when i can get out and just be me....
I'm not trying to live "up" to people's needs or expectations...which is ironic, because in some ways, i really am "performing"...but at art shows, my "performance" of simply being who i am...is enough... and a huge breathe of fresh air...

4. Did i mention FOUR HOURS OF UNINTERRUPTED PAINTING AND CREATIVITY TIME?
 I am the kind of person who desperately needs uninterrupted creative time...i get that when i go to shows...i love it... 


a few pieces i worked on at Tree of Life Arts Festival this weekend...












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...